Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

haymarketpaul
Not applicable

Mutliple Dates linked to single calendar

Hi All

I have a number of tables related to email meta data such as bounces, clicks, reads each of which have a date within them.

I have tried to concatenated these dates to form a calendar link table based on other posts i've read.

The problem is my diagram now shows several loosely coupled tables to the link table and i am not sure why?

If anyone has any ideas to point me in the right direction i would be very greatful.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
Not applicable

Paul,

you get loosely coupled tables, because you got circular references (e.g.  a 'Link - message bounce - message read - Link' path) with which QV isn't able to live along.

After having only a short look, I think this might work:

Add MessageKey to your Link table and remove MessageKey from the 5 small message_XXXX tables, thus getting the Link inbetween the message status report table and the 5 tables (plus the calendar table).

Regards,

Stefan

1 Reply
swuehl
Not applicable

Paul,

you get loosely coupled tables, because you got circular references (e.g.  a 'Link - message bounce - message read - Link' path) with which QV isn't able to live along.

After having only a short look, I think this might work:

Add MessageKey to your Link table and remove MessageKey from the 5 small message_XXXX tables, thus getting the Link inbetween the message status report table and the 5 tables (plus the calendar table).

Regards,

Stefan