Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Highlighted
Not applicable

My Model is not connected ??? Still i want to show data in such a manner that it will refelect that model is connected.

Hello

I have a application in which there are three modules

1.     Sales & Customer

2.     Inventory &

3.     Receivable

Model is not connected and I want if user select Product on dashboard it will get selected in all the sheets. And same for Customer. For that i made 6 variables and 2 Triggers.

For that I have creted 6 variables

PRO='('&GetFieldSelections(PRODUCT,'|',100)&')'

RPRO='('&GetFieldSelections(RPRODUCT,'|',100)&')'

IPRO='('&GetFieldSelections(INVQUALIFIER_DSC,'|',100)&')'

RCUST=getfieldselections(R_CUSTOMER_DSC) // Because I have customer who have Long names such as 3 Mic Mini Max so by using above process it will not work but in this there is one limitation if I am selecting Product than all 3 products will be selected and if I deselect than all will be deselected and same for Customer but if I select bot at same time and try to deselect suppose customer than only one customer willl get deselected othere 2 will be there only. Any solution PLZ

CUST=getfieldselections(CUSTOMER_DSC)

ICUST=getfieldselections(I_CUSTOMER_DSC)

Please See Excel File for Images

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: My Model is not connected ??? Still i want to show data in such a manner that it will refelect that model is connected.

Hi Ankit,

First of all sorry for the late reply, I have tweaked the earlier provided formulas a little to solve the long names and spaces between the names issue , I hope it helps

vTEST1='("'&GetFieldSelections(Test1,'"|"',100)&'")'

vTEST2='("'&GetFieldSelections(Test2,'"|"',100)&'")'

as you can see the symbol " has been added in the expression.

Also find attached a demo with the name '3 Mic Mini Max'

4 Replies
Luminary
Luminary

Re: My Model is not connected ??? Still i want to show data in such a manner that it will refelect that model is connected.

Hi, I can't see your images but you can achieve this with triggers. Go to your sheet properties, go to tab Triggers and add a trigger on Active Sheet. Choose "Select in field", then choose the field and the value would be your variable.

I hope this helps.

Not applicable

Hi Qlikuser12

I know images are not there I don't know why. Anyways I have done the same thing and that is working fine but the issue is i need to selec multiple values at a time and second condition is that in Customer field there are customers which have lenghty names. as I have mentioned already

for Product I am using like this

PRO='('&GetFieldSelections(PRODUCT,'|',100)&')'

and for Customer I am using like this

CUST=getfieldselections(CUSTOMER_DSC)

because if i will use the above Syntax thn trigger will not work. and in this situation if I am selecting both Product and Customer at same time and aftere selection i want to remove for ex customer from the selection so out of 3 Customer only one Customer will get deselected and rest will remain selected. Is there any solution.

Regrads

Ankit Joshi

Not applicable

Hi Ankit,

First of all sorry for the late reply, I have tweaked the earlier provided formulas a little to solve the long names and spaces between the names issue , I hope it helps

vTEST1='("'&GetFieldSelections(Test1,'"|"',100)&'")'

vTEST2='("'&GetFieldSelections(Test2,'"|"',100)&'")'

as you can see the symbol " has been added in the expression.

Also find attached a demo with the name '3 Mic Mini Max'

Not applicable

Dear alchemist

Thank you for your response. But I got the same solution when I was doing R&D. Anyways thanks alot for you support.

Regards,

Ankit Joshi