Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

My QV cannot generate syn key , How to turn it on ?

Hi All

I have a QVW file , which when i view the data model , all syn key does not group together , may i know how to turn it on ?

Paul

5 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

my qvw

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In your application, I didn't see any Synthetic Keys(Syn Keys - Means What here). And then, Which Field you want to club can you describe more please?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have saved it with the Table viewer in Source Table View mode:

Capture.PNG

Change that to "Internal Table View":

Capture.PNG

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

If you type control T , you will notice that sales table and AR table there are individual line for cust_id & company.

These line should not be there . If the syn key is on.

I mean between each box it should only have one line. Now many line. Look very confuse .

Paul Yeo

DIrector

TDS Technology (S) P/L

Whatsapp +659:261804

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be Concatenate for AR Table with Sales Table

sales:

Load * FROM "$(vFileName)" (ansi, fix, no labels, header is 0, record is line);  ;

Concatenate(sales)

AR:

LOAD * FROM "$(vFileName)" (ansi, fix, no labels, header is 0, record is line); 

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)