Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

My expression take about 3 second to display report , it display hour glass

Hi All

I have a expression take about 3 second to display report , it display hour glass :-

Money(
Sum(Aggr(SUM({<year = {"$(=Max(year)-0)"},month={"<=$(=Max({<sales = {'*'}, year = {$(=Max(year))}>}month))"},GL_SELECT={ $(ColumnDim901) }>}Amount*1)/1/1000, $(ColumnDim108)))
,$(vMoneyFormatK))

May i know the delay is cause by what ? it there a way i can avoid waiting ?

Paul Yeo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hello

Many thank for your sharing. Especially the article is so detail and a lot of. Info.

I have found out my slow in display the report is cause by my data model . After I remove SOURCE field from AR Table now the report generate very fast.

Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

I mean when i click on Pls select Dimension 2. after it load all data into ram , next time when i click it will be fast.

Enclosed my QVW.

Paul

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Let me explain what is going on, hopefully that will clear things up...  The initial calculation is the actual calculation of the object, and 3 seconds is pretty good depending upon the data model and expression etc.  The reason things seem instantaneous on subsequent selections of the same Dimension is we are using a cached calculation image of things, one of the key points of the product, once we run a calculation set, it is cached provided there is memory space available, an algorithm determines which cached items to remove when memory is needed but basically think of it as older/less used items drop first.  Hopefully this answers your underlying questions as to why it is so quick on the subsequent selections.

That being said, if you want things to be fast, the only thing you could do is use something jMeter etc. to open the app(s) and run a script to do selections etc. to get those items pre-cached before the users get into the environment.  I do not think 3 seconds is a long wait at all though, so I am not sure the effort of pre-caching is likely worth it in this use case.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The following Support Article may help a bit more as well, sorry I did not think to put it on the last post:

CPU and Memory use...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hello

Many thank for your sharing. Especially the article is so detail and a lot of. Info.

I have found out my slow in display the report is cause by my data model . After I remove SOURCE field from AR Table now the report generate very fast.

Paul