Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

MySQL ODBC Driver not in list

HI there.

I'm starting to use QV, and I'm having an issue trying to connect a MySQL database.

When i go to file -> Edit Script in the QV menu and try to create an ODBC Connection, I can't see the MySQL ODBC driver listed.

I have the driver installed, actually i intalled 4 diferent versions (5.1 for 32 and 64 bits and 3.51 for 32 and 64 bits) and none of them are being displayed on the list.

My database is running on the local machine.

Can anybody help me out?

Tnx,

Raphael.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Raphael,

Are you using the latest version of QlikView (10 SR3 build 9061)? Have you created those ODBCs in Windows first? If you didn't, go to the start button, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Data sources and crete one pointing to that database.

Search you hard disk for "syswow64\odbcad32.exe" and run it to see the 32 version of the drivers, should you have used them to create the ODBC.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Raphael,

Are you using the latest version of QlikView (10 SR3 build 9061)? Have you created those ODBCs in Windows first? If you didn't, go to the start button, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Data sources and crete one pointing to that database.

Search you hard disk for "syswow64\odbcad32.exe" and run it to see the 32 version of the drivers, should you have used them to create the ODBC.

Regards.

Miguel Angel Baeyens

BI Consultant

Comex Grupo Ibérica

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel!

That worked out. I had to create the connection to the database in the Data Sources.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks lot.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miguel