Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help Connecting and extracting data from Info Cube

Hi All,

My work entails bringing data from SAP Info Cubes into QlikView. I have SAP BI Cube QVD Generator.qvw but have no idea how to use it.

How does it work?

Is it similar to the Script Builder?

What are the changes (eg. Connection Srting etc) do I need to make in order to refresh SAP BI Cube QVD Generator.qvw and access relevant cubes?

What are the challenges in bringing data from infocubes?

If someone could guide me or provide a tutorial pdf, it would be a big help.

Thanks,

Neeraj

17 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Dear neeraj,

both Script builder and Cube extractor are different thing.

I will suggest you that extract fact and dimention from sap bw and make cube in qlikview.

I already done one project with SAP BW.

Regards

Sunil Jain

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Sunil. I did the same thing. I extracted the Fact, Dim ,SID and DIM ID tables.

suniljain
Master
Master

OK Boss

Not applicable
Author

Sunil

I have extracted data in QVD files but I am stuck in how to use that in my final QV file.

I simply tried to laod all QVD files but its giving Circular key reference error at

first and then Don't show data giving Out of Memory error..

After removing that through Qulifier, I and tried to see data but it again gives similar error ' Out of memory'

I have 8 GB Ram which is hardly being utilised.

Can you please help me

Regard

Thanks in Advance

suniljain
Master
Master

Try to work on limited data and check data modelling , whether any loop exist in data modelling or not.

In case of cube ,circular key reference is not possible because every fact is connected with the help of SID only.

Not applicable
Author

Sunil Thanx for the response.

I have done that but issue of circular reference arises due to DIMID tables.

do we have to load them as well and whats their purpose.

regards

Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

You will need to load all of the following tables for a cube (these can be found by using the function ListSchema in SAP BW)

as an example for demo Cube 0D_DECU:

Fact Table /BI0/F0D_DECU

and Dim Tables: /BI0/D0D_DECUT,/BI0/D0D_DECUP,/BI0/D0D_DECUU,/BI0/D0D_DECU1 etc

in this example the /BI0/D0D_DECU1 Dim table is the link between the fact and the Organisation master and SID tables link as follows:

Fact Table - KEY_0D_DECU1 to Dim table DIMID with an inner join load in QlikView to give you a single table with all the fact data and linked DIMID's, also rename DIMID in the join to KEY_0D_DECU1 to avoid loops.

Next the master data is linked with the S,M and T tables

The Dim table contains fields starting with SID_ this is the key to link to the S tables for the master data. In the S tables the key field is called SID so you need to rename this to match the SID column in the Dim table

from here you can also link M and T tables

The template for SAP cube building is doing this automatically in the script

thanks

Ian

suniljain
Master
Master

In Cube, The Role of DIMID is to connect FACT and DIMENTION table.

cube is nothing but the combination of fact and dimention.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Sunil,

I really appreciate your help. It has been great since I am working on this for the first time.

Sunil, it would be really great if you can clarify me one more thing..

I can connect Fact table (Transaction) with Master data in two ways..

One through SID_ field directly linked with Master data. Secondly through DIM tables.

But problem, that I see here, is if I Unqualify SID then there is no need for DIM tables, but if I Unqualify.. KEY (After changing DIM to KEY_cube nameU etc), that would not link it with Masterdata. If I qualify both it would create Circular relationship again..

Please comment on this

Regards