Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need for assistance in Qlikview SAP Extractor Setup

Dear all,

I'm am a beginner in the Qlikview handling and have a problem in our setup of the extractor from SAP. Our QV enviroment is QV 10 with connector 5.6 and our SAP system is ERP 4.7.

I have set up an Logical system, connected the outbound messages, activated the extract in SAP and when I will reload the script I have the follwing statement : Statement is: EXTRACTOR 2LIS_11_VAHDR UPDMODE C EXTRLANGUAGE E LOGSYS QTQVCEXTR1  since this is the first test.

The connector Log shows this:

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Progress Creation of function /QTQVC/EXTRACTION_STATUS returned after 00:00:00

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Progress Invoked /QTQVC/EXTRACTION_STATUS with MODE=I, returned STATUS=N

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Error Unable to register at GWSERV=sapgw20;GWHOST=172.27.0.191;PROGRAM_ID=QTQVCEXTR1 Key = RFC_COMMUNICATION_FAILURE (

LOCATION    CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host with Unicode

ERROR       service '?' unknown

TIME        Tue Jan 24 11:22:00 201

RELEASE     711

COMPONENT   NI (network interface)

VERSION     39

RC          -3

DETAIL      NiErrSet

COUNTER     2

)

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Progress Creation of function /QTQVC/EXTRACTION_STATUS returned after 00:00:00

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Error /QTQVC/EXTRACTION_STATUS failed after 00:00:00 Key = ERROR (ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Status record could not be found)

2012-01-24 11:22:00 Error ID:00 Type:E Number:001 Status record could not be found

Also when I view WE05 in SAP I can't find any Idoc's generated.

Thankful for any adwise where to fix the error.

Regards Magnus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sorry for the delay.

In my case neither an authorization problem nor the SAP transports were responsible for the error. It was just that on our server on which qlikview is running there was no SAP Gui installed.

Therefore it worked on my client machine (with SAP Gui installed) and it didn't worked on directly on the server.

You can either install a sap gui on the server or just register the missing sap entries in the 'services' file in Windows/system32 on the server (compare to a machine with sap gui installed).

Thanks anyway for the suggestions.

Regards

Thomas

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Magnus,

Unfortunately I have no solution, but the same problem as you had. Did you find any solutions for the problem in the meantime?

In my case there is the following error message in the SAP System Log (transaction SM21):

Operating system call recv failed (error no. 10054)

The specified operating system call was returned with an error.

For communication calls (receive, send, etc) often the cause of errors

are network problems.

It could also be a configuration problem at operating system level.

(file cannot be opened, no space in the file system etc.).

Additional specifications for error number 10054

Name for errno number WSAECONNRESET

No documentation available for error WSAECONNRESET

Furthermore it's possible to connect from a local Client (with QlikView & SAP Connector installed) from within our network, but it's not possible directly from the QlikView Server.

Regards

Thomas

suniljain
Master
Master

Please check authorization given SAP R/3. I think proper authorization is not given.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

the same data load works from my client computer. it just don't work from our qlikview server. so I think it can hardly be a authorization problem within SAP. To be sure i switched on the authorization trace in SAP, but there are no entries afterwards. As a further step I tried with my own SAP user - the same.

any other ideas?

Not applicable
Author

i think it is the RFC failure, check the RFC interface between your SAP Server and Qlikview Server and check the default port 3300 is in open state to access from your qlikview server.

Regards,

Prasath

suniljain
Master
Master

if this is the case then just check port 3300 of the sap r/3 server through telnet command in cmd prompt of qlikview server.

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Sunil: The QV user has  SAP all

Prasath: I just noticed this in the connector manual and will check this but wouldn't the IDOC been generated still in SAP but but not sent to receving logical system ?

Regards ,

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

Hi all,

Sunil - The QV user has  SAP all

Prasath - I just noticed this in the connector manual and will check this but wouldn't the IDOC been generated still in SAP but but not sent to receving logical system ?

Regards ,

Magnus

Not applicable
Author

I agree, it has to be a RFC or port/firewall problem. But how to check this? Do you have an advice?

If I check the RFC destsination in transaction SM59 with a connection test there is a bunch of errors:

Logon    Connection Error

Error Details    Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=67

Error Details    ERROR: program QTQVCEXTR1 not registered

Error Details    LOCATION: SAP-Gateway on host sapd33 / sapgw10

Error Details    DETAIL: TP QTQVCEXTR1 not registered

Error Details    COMPONENT: SAP-Gateway

Error Details    COUNTER: 36335

Error Details    MODULE: gwr3cpic.c

Error Details    LINE: 1789

Error Details    RETURN CODE: 679

Error Details    SUBRC: 0

Error Details    RELEASE: 720

Error Details    TIME: Wed Apr 25 13:40:42 2012

Error Details    VERSION: 2

But what does that means? Since the same data load with the very same RFC connection works from my client computer.

As for the port, it's mentioned in the manual:

If a Firewall exists between Connector an SAP system; port 33nn has to be open, where nn = System Number of the SAP system.

As our basis/netwoork team told me there is no additional firewall within our netwoork between SAP and QlikView Server. The only firewall is the Windows Server 2008 firewall on our QlikView Server, which we disabled for test reasons - but still the same problem.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find the document attached for the user roles  and check the user has the appropriate roles,

use telnet and ping 3300 is open or not from your qlikview server.

Regards,

P.Prasath