Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help creating Field From within Field with Text

!Hi Guys, I need some help, Actually a lot of help I am currently working on a database, where I need to extract information from an Email Client and one of the fields I need to Extract from is the actual email which contains some important info and some irrelevant stuff  Here is the example

MsgBody

Operating Company:  DD01      Topic: Customer Service        Request Type: Budget Billing     Address  4 Blah st.      City Bordan State: PA  Zip: 22222    Country: USA
Operating Company:  CR01      Topic: Billing/Rate          Requst Type: Bill Inquiry     Address  85 Blah st.      City Crowley State: PA  Zip: 224442    Country: USA
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2014  11:20: AM  TO Rodger   Forsester Request and include request Number below, Thank You for visiting.

I need to create Fields showing The fields underneath and make sure the other mails that are useless not to go in to the fields

22222Billing/Rate

Operating CompanyTopicRequest TypeAddressCityStateZIP
DD01Customer ServiceBudget Billing4 Blah st.BordanPA
CR01Bill Inquiry85 Blah stCrowleyPA22242

Any help would be greatly appreciated , thank you guys.  First time Posting a question, so if I placed it in the wrong place forgive me most of the problems I have are answered.. this is a bit of a doozy for me.

15 Replies
its_anandrjs

You can create this subfields in the current table it self no need to create another resident table and i use Where WildMatch(MsgBody,'Op*');  because your expected output is only for operating messages i suggest do not use it and see the load script for that

MailMessage:

LOAD

MsgID AS %MsgID,

MailStatus,

IncidentID AS %IncidentID,

CustEmailID AS %CustEmailID,

DateRecv,

DateSent,

TimeZone,

MsgFrom,

MsgTo,

MsgCC,

MsgSubject,

MsgBody,

AgentID AS %AgentID,

AgentName,

msgType,

MailBoxID AS %MailBoxID,

///////////////////////

SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',2),'  ',2) as [Operating Company],

SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',3),'  ',1) as Topic,

SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',4),'  ',4) as Address,

SubField(SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',4),'  ',7),' ',2) as City,

SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',5),' ',2) as State,

SubField(SubField(MsgBody,':',6),' ',2) as Zip,

Trim(SubField(MsgBody,':',7)) as Country

////////////////////////

FROM

[..\..\QVD\2ndLevelQVD\MailMessage.qvd]

(qvd);

Not applicable
Author

sorry How do I change it back to unanswered, I have also attached the qvd and script Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I left it in there after doing an inline that was my fault.  Is it just me or is this not possible with the database structure?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, Asad.

I believe the attached qvw does what you want. It uses subfield as was sugested.

Cheers!

Not applicable
Author

Thank You SO MUCH I had received headache upon headache, you are officially my advil Thank you .

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You're welcome! Glad I could be of help.