Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need help creating expression in a chart

Hi everyone,

I have imported a few fields into a new qlikview worksheet and am interested in adding an expression to a chart based off of these fields, but am having a bit of trouble doing so. I have one field that contains a dollar amount, and another that contains a number of days past due. What I would like to do is create an expression in a line graph that sums the dollar amount fields, but only for a specific window of days past due. For example - I would need to know the summation of all the current balances that are in the 5-10 days past due range. Would anybody know how to do this using Qlikview syntax rather than creating a whole new field in the import script.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Massimo's expression should work if d=Due Date. Although if the field is already the Actual number of days past due then you just need

Sum ({$<DaysPastDue={">=5<=10))"}>} amount)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

something like

Sum ({$<d={">=$(=date(Today()-10))<=$(=date(Today()-5))"}>} amount)

Not applicable
Author

Massimo's expression should work if d=Due Date. Although if the field is already the Actual number of days past due then you just need

Sum ({$<DaysPastDue={">=5<=10))"}>} amount)

Not applicable
Author

This is what I need, but for some reason nothing displays in the chart after I put it in as an expression with all of the proper field names.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if possible, post your qlik doc

Not applicable
Author

H Mattew

Check the attached sample

Not applicable
Author

I was actually using the wrong field names - but once i fixed that this worked. Thank you.