Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Need help creating subfields instead of using Generic load.

I have a table that I need to create subfields in to .  all the fields are in Field propname , and the values associated to that field are in the  propvalue field associated with the amsginfoexternalid for those fields,  I did use Generic load, but I have some problems with transforming and the data was correct, however I had problems transforming the data after doing the generic load..  The fields I need created are [Customer Type] [Email Address] [Form Name Message] [Form Name] [Name On Form] [Operating Company] [Phone Number] [Question Type] [Request Type] [State] And [Submit Date]  .    also, out of curiousity , how would I implement incremental load using the QVC components script on this. ? Thank You in advance.  I have attached the script and data

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shane_spencer
Valued Contributor

Re: Re: Need help creating subfields instead of using Generic load.

Here look at this example.

19 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Need help creating subfields instead of using Generic load.

I am just wondering if this is even possible, instead of using a generic load, or if anything,  a way to transform the generic load, such as if I wanted to create a master calendar from the submit date field, or to store it as a qvd?  is that possible, or is it better to store the table as is as a qvd? and then do the generic load at the dashboard level

shane_spencer
Valued Contributor

It looks like whatever you've done to create the "MsgInfoExternals.qvd.txt" was done in a crosstable when you actually want a straight table? Do you have the original data?

Not applicable

That's the thing This is a cross table.  Is Generic load my only option with this? .

shane_spencer
Valued Contributor

What I'm saying is that this qvd is a CrossTable BUT you want a straight table. Do you have the raw data? If so you can create a qvd in straight table format instead of cross table.

Not applicable

that is the raw data, straight from the Source db,  I have made no alterations at all

shane_spencer
Valued Contributor

To be honest I'm wondering why you want to have a Straight Table instead of a Cross Table? What are you wanting to do that cannot be done using the data in this format?

All you need to do is use Set Analysis when creating tables / charts.

Not applicable

The fields I need created are [Customer Type] [Email Address] [Form Name Message] [Form Name] [Name On Form] [Operating Company] [Phone Number] [Question Type] [Request Type] [State] And [Submit Date which are values in this cross table, Then I would like to alter the data and even add a master calendar off of submit date.

shane_spencer
Valued Contributor

Re: Re: Need help creating subfields instead of using Generic load.

What are you doing with the data though that requires those fields instead of a cross table? Look at the example attached. I've used Set Analysis within the QVW to create a chart / table that has Phone Number as a column. You can use the data in exactly the same way as a straight table.

You could create a Date field on the load using If statement. Then link to a master calendar

Not applicable

Thanks for the logic ,It Is just that I need those all as fields ,  you stated that I can use an if condtion, in script to create that as a field?

Community Browser