QV Mode: Analyser, Professional and Developer

Section Access Table:

Column/Field Name: Username Password Designation Level Field QvMode

Details of the above:

UserName: UserId of a user

Password: Password of a user

Designation: Designation of a user

Level: Hierarchy level of a user

Field: Delhi,Mumbai,Bangalore,Chennai,etc....

QvMode: Mode that particular user can access(Same as given above)

What I want:

1. I want the login(Section Access) to be happen.

2. If the logged in user level is 4 he should be in a position to see his down line data that is level:3,2,1,0 and if user level is 3 he should be in a position to see his down line data that is level: 2,1,0.

In case if the logged in user level is 0 or 1 then it should be in a position to see only level 0 and 1 respectively.

3. According to the QVMODE respective license should be given to the user.

4. Tab wise access to the user. For example if the logged in user designation is RBM he should see only RBM tab/Sales dashboard data and if HR logs in he she should see only HR tab/HR dashboard data and so on.

Other requirements are there. But will do once this has been done.

Have attached the sample document which contains the same data that I am discussing to work on.

Hope some one can help me out soon.

8 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI Rikhab

Please find the attached document on section acess

hope this might help you.

Thanks and Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi ASHFAQ,

I will go thorough the document that you provided and will apply the same idea which has been provided and then will update you. Can you work my requirement if you get leisure time. Please!

Not applicable
Author

Hi All & ASHFAQ,

I have tried something in the document which I have attached previously. It is not working as expected. Please look into it and help me out.

Use userid:admin and password:admin as that is that only one login which is working. Not sure why other login is not working. Don't know where I am wrong.

MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

1. QV Mode: that's a v8.5 discussion. In v9 everyone becomes Professional as soon as they've borrowed a CAL. The only way to prevent this is to disable Borrowed CALs or to explicitly assign all Named CALs. The functionality is historically controlled by a Registry Key anyway, so you're not going to be able to manage this inside a QlikView document.
  2. Without looking at your data, I suspect you need a Hierarchy Load to construct the appropriate levels of visibility in the data.
  3. Tab-wise access to data is easily controlled with a Conditional Show expression on each sheet.

It seems you'll need a simple Section Access table with two extra columns: "SheetRole" and "UID". Copy the User's unique identifier (same value as NTNAME perhaps) into the UID field. The SheetRole will be a key to table in Section Application that describes what sheets can be seen by role.

[SheetRole]:
LOAD * INLINE [
SheetRole, HR, Finance, etc
ADMIN, 1, 1, 1
HR, 1, 0, 0
FINANCE, 0, 1, 1
OTHER, 0, 0, 1
];

so your Conditional Show expression will be (Sum(HR)>0)

The levels data requires more care, but populating a simple table with all the keys that particular users are allowed access to is easy using Hierarchy Load - especially if you're dealing with a ragged hierarchy such as Geographies or AccountCodes.

Not applicable
Author

Hi MRW,

I have done something similar to your idea. But there are one issues in tab wise access, when I logs in as an ME. It should show only the ME tab as per the condition but here in my document it is showing both Pool and ME tab.

No idea why it is happening like that!

Can some one please check the same and let me know.

Login details is available in user.xls

Not applicable
Author

mrw wrote:<ol><li>QV Mode: that's a v8.5 discussion. In v9 everyone becomes Professional as soon as they've borrowed a CAL. The only way to prevent this is to disable Borrowed CALs or to explicitly assign all Named CALs. The functionality is historically controlled by a Registry Key anyway, so you're not going to be able to manage this inside a QlikView document. </li></ol>

Can you please help me out how to do the above mentioned if it cannot be controlled inside QlikView document. As any way I need to find some other solution to do the same.

Not applicable
Author

Rikab Kothari wrote:
Hi MRW,
I have done something similar to your idea. But there are one issues in tab wise access, when I logs in as an ME. It should show only the ME tab as per the condition but here in my document it is showing both Pool and ME tab.
No idea why it is happening like that!
Can some one please check the same and let me know.
Login details is available in user.xls
<div></div>

Hi Rikab,

I checked the user.xls file for this issue. The issue is same user having two DESIGNATIONS - e.g. USERID - saha is having DESIGNATION as "ME" and "POOL" hence this user will be shown both tabs.

Thanks,

Sajeevan

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for very simple and careless mistake again... Thanks for your time...Any idea about rest of the things?