I have created fields such as Week(date),Year(date), WeekName(date) and MonthName(date) in the front end for a group. Due to performance impact I tried to create a table called as DateFields to retrieve the above fields at the script level. But the outcome is now the performance of the chart is very very poor than before. Can some one suggest some other way of doing it so that it improves the performance.
Data: LOAD A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, A8, A9, A10, A11, A12, A13, A14, TimeStamp(A15) as StartDate, TimeStamp(A16) as EndDate, A17 as StartDate1, A18 as EndDate1, A19, A20 FROM (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1); Calendar: LOAD DISTINCT DATE(StartDate+IterNo()-1) AS date RESIDENT Data WHILE StartDate+IterNo()-1<=EndDate; DateFields: Load Week(date) as Week, Year(date) as Year, WeekName(date) as WeekName, MonthName(date) as MonthName Resident Calendar;
I did the below changes and created a group with below fields(Week,Year,WeekName and MonthName) and I am able to see some what better performance than before. But not very good though! So if you can give any other suggestion which can improve the performance please keep me updated.
Calendar: Load *, Week(date) as Week, Year(date) as Year, WeekName(date) as WeekName, MonthName(date) as MonthName;
LOAD DISTINCT DATE(StartDate+IterNo()-1) AS date RESIDENT Data WHILE StartDate+IterNo()-1<=EndDate;
Can you please give some other suggestion to improve the performance. For example, I am using the below 'IF Statement' in one of the expression of the pivot table. Can tell the required changes in the script or else can you tell me the Set Analysis with which I can improve the performance please