Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abe786
Contributor III
Contributor III

Need to limit rows in Dimension table through section access but running into circular loops

Hi,

We are trying to implement section access in our existing apps to open up the dashboard to our customers.

See attached qvw for sample data model we are having. The username/password is a/123.

As seen in the data model, we have bridge table which contains two keys CA_ID and CO_ID. In the example, we are trying to limit the countries through section access. Reduction field is CO_ID, which connects to country table and CA_ID which connects Fact table.

The solution works well and rows in Dim1 are also reduced to three rows for country login a (USA ) to values 1,9,10 .

Now comes the twist, we only discovered later on that there is another relationship between country and dim1 i.e. commented out table dim1_bridge. For USA there are only be 2 possible values for Dim1 i.e. Phone & Laptop (DK1, 1 & 9).

If i include the commented table (dim1_bridge), then I run into circular loop.

Can anybody suggest a data modelling solution for above problem, I need to reduce the Dim 1 table, according to dim1_bridge table such that user a does not see headphone in dim1 listbox, even though fact table may still contains the row linking CA_ID 1 to DK1 10 after reduction.

0 Replies