Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Day Button

Hi

I have created a calender in the dashboard for a date dimension which works fine, however it would be useful if I had a next day & Previous day action button so users can click forward or back based on the date shown in the calender.

Any thoughts?

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

write like this

take a variable and when click assign a value like 1

=if(variable='1',Date-1,Date)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to be a bit clear, I am wanting to change the selection based on the next / previous day button.

Thanks

Phil

MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Find attachment hope this will help you.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

in action there is always by default having action forward or previous

you just call it to make a button add action

selection-->forward

and other for back

Not applicable
Author

I also use fast selection button for previous month or week. What I would do for previous day > button > action > select in field > field: date field > value: =Today()-1 (of course, if this doesn't work, check the date format and adjust the function accordingly)

In the caption tab I would put some help text, like "previous day". In the button I would only put "<" (or ">" for next day).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

It took a little bit of fidling with in my own dashboard but I got it working eventually.  The issue I found was that my date field had date & time, so it didn't like the format, but since I created a Date(Date) expression in the script it works great.

Thankyou for your help it was extremely useful

Phil