cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Day Button

Hi

I have created a calender in the dashboard for a date dimension which works fine, however it would be useful if I had a next day & Previous day action button so users can click forward or back based on the date shown in the calender.

Any thoughts?

Phil

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

write like this

take a variable and when click assign a value like 1

=if(variable='1',Date-1,Date)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just to be a bit clear, I am wanting to change the selection based on the next / previous day button.

Thanks

Phil

MayilVahanan

Hi

PFA

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Find attachment hope this will help you.

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

in action there is always by default having action forward or previous

you just call it to make a button add action

selection-->forward

and other for back

Not applicable
Author

I also use fast selection button for previous month or week. What I would do for previous day > button > action > select in field > field: date field > value: =Today()-1 (of course, if this doesn't work, check the date format and adjust the function accordingly)

In the caption tab I would put some help text, like "previous day". In the button I would only put "<" (or ">" for next day).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

It took a little bit of fidling with in my own dashboard but I got it working eventually.  The issue I found was that my date field had date & time, so it didn't like the format, but since I created a Date(Date) expression in the script it works great.

Thankyou for your help it was extremely useful

Phil