Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Reese
Employee
Employee

No Source Available - QVXServer.cs

I am trying to create a QVX connector.  I'm not sure what is causing this error.  It doesn't fail on any specific line.  It says it can't find QVXServer.cs.  I've looked for the file and can't find it anywhere on the machine.  However, EventLogElaborate is running the same qvx code, but does not fail.  One difference is the eventlogelaborate app has the following files.  They are part of the solution, but not part of the project.  The icon is a blank page icon instead associated with these instead of a C# icon, presumably because they are not part of the project.  I'm not sure what's causing that:

* QVXLibrary,dll

* QVXLibrary,pdb

* QVXLibrary,xml

The 'using QlikView.Qvx.QvxLibrary' declaration is in both apps;

The error possibly has something to do with the CreateLoginHelper routine.  As soon as the class is instantiated in my app, which does not show the files above, I get the following:

No Source Available.

The source code cannot be displayed

Locating source for 'c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs'. Checksum: MD5 {bb 2f b2 e8 6f cb 59 e0 e4 5f c7 44 8e ac 1b 87}

The file 'c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs' does not exist.

Looking in script documents for 'c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs'...

Looking in the projects for 'c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs'.

The file was not found in a project.

Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\crt\src\'...

Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc\'...

Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl\'...

Looking in directory 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\atlmfc\include\'...

The debug source files settings for the active solution indicate that the debugger will not ask the user to find the file: c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs.

The debugger could not locate the source file 'c:\b\QVXSDK-MAIN-BUILDQVXSDK\tfs\QVX SDK\Main\Source\QvxLibrary\QvxLibrary\QvxServer.cs'.

I don't get why the file is missing from the machine for one app, but the other app with the same references has no errors running the same code.  I'm not a C# programmer so this all mostly new to me so any suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm sure I'm overlooking something basic.

1 Reply
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

The QVXLibrary.dll needs to be added as a reference as it contains amongst others the QVXServer class, within the documentation of QVX SDK 2.0 section 3.2 you can find details of how to do this and the other classes/methods required

thanks

Ian