Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II

NoConcatenate in load statement with QVD data source

Hello All,

I meet an odd isssue with the NoConcatenate function.

I have in my script two tables from QVD files. In these two tables, there are some variables with the same name.

But I don't want to define as key the variables with a name in common between the two tables.

That's why, I used the NoConcatenate function in the load statement for the two tables.

The syntax of my script is like below:

Table1:

NoConcatenate

Load * From QVD1 (qvd);

Table2:

NoConcatenate

Load * From QVD2 (qvd);

Then, after to launch my script, I noticed that my NoConcatenate was not considered.

Please could you help me to resolve my problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

NoConcatenate is to stop Qlikview merging the from more than one source into the same table it does no stop Qlikview linking the two tables together by their common named fields.

To stop Qlikview linking either rename the fields common to two tables or use the Qualify statement for those fields.

Regards

Adrian

View solution in original post

3 Replies
atoz1158
Creator II
Creator II

NoConcatenate is to stop Qlikview merging the from more than one source into the same table it does no stop Qlikview linking the two tables together by their common named fields.

To stop Qlikview linking either rename the fields common to two tables or use the Qualify statement for those fields.

Regards

Adrian

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think perhaps in this case you want to use "Concatenate" to create a single output table. 

-Rob

Black_Hole
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello @atoz1158 , @rwunderlich ,

Thank both of you for your help.

In order to avoid a confusion, I added a suffix identified the table for each name of my variables.

Kind Regards