Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Connection Failed and Hidden Script i

Hi.

I moved all tabs into hidden-script tabs, but the Main Tab which has the connection definition.

When I pressed the Reload button. I got Error messages:

Each table from database the error showed: ODBC Connection Failed.

Each resident table error showed was: Field not found.

Can't I hide all my scripts, or can I?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you load Excel tables using "Load", then it doesn't matter. They don't use any CONNECT. (But it is also possible to use ODBC to load Excel tables. Then of course you use SELECT and you need a CONNECT before the SELECT.)

HIC

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to move your CONNECT statement to the hidden script too. It must be before any SELECT.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

and what about the tables loaded from excel?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you load Excel tables using "Load", then it doesn't matter. They don't use any CONNECT. (But it is also possible to use ODBC to load Excel tables. Then of course you use SELECT and you need a CONNECT before the SELECT.)

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Qlikview execution is always from left to right tabs. Hidden scripts will be in previous to it, considered as 1st.

So, connection should be specified first to load tables where they are from.

And there is always only one connection to data source is possible,  it gets disconnected when you specify  disconnect command (or) when connected to new source, this way you can connect to one more new data source.

recommended: get connection to data source,load all required tables from it then, you may connect to one more new datasource.