Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Load being ignored

I am making several connections to retrieve data...some are OLEDB connections to SQL data source, one is to SalesForce.com, some are .xls files.   These are working fine.

Now I'm trying to connect to an Access DB vie an ODBC connection.  I have the connection statement, with a Load statement followed by a SQL statement followed by a Drop Fields statement.  However when I run the script it doesn't load...it just gets ignored.  It seems like whether I place it in a separate tab or in the same tab as other statements it either gets ignored or gives an error that the connection can't be made.

What could be going on?  What should I try to do?  When I run it by itself it is successful.

Thanks!   Dan

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you end the sql statement with a semicolon ; ?

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Yes...all code has appropriate semicolons, so it appears.

Colin-Albert

Only one ODBC connection can be active at a time. If you have several connections, you need to add the connect statement, and then have the relevant load/select statements after that connection. Then have the next connect statement and load/selects etc.

If you are seeing an error, do you have the correct login details?

Can you review the document log to see more details of the error that is reported.

Can you post the details of the error here?

Not applicable
Author

Can you please send us the script, to have look at it.

Not applicable
Author

I'm not getting an error at this time.  I have one tab that has two OLEDB connections, and I have a DISCONNECT statement at the end of each one.  THen I have 3 more tabs in the script, each one just getting an .xlsx file.  Then on the last tab I have this ODBC connection that just gets ignored.  Perhaps I should try moving it onto one of the other tabs?

Not applicable
Author

When I moved the ODBC connection and code to the 1st tab with the OLEDB connections, I get an error that says "ODBC Connection failed", but doesn't give any explanation...just the SQL code.  I used DISCONNECT after the OLEDB connections above.

Colin-Albert

Have you tried removing the Disconnect statement?

Disconnect is optional - the connection is only active in the script until the next Connect statement is reached.

Colin-Albert

Have you tried stepping through the script using Debug?

Do you have a load / Select statement after the final ODBC connection?

QlikView does sometimes forget the active connection, so does not prompt you for tables and fields when you click on the select button. Try adding the connection using the connect button again and then select the Access fields for your load script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try ODBC connection outside QV.

Verify if are using 32 or 64 bits version.