Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC Read Failed Error

I am having a strange issue when connecting to a SQL Server 2005 via ODBC on a 64-bit Qlikview Desktop.

My script is trying to execute two different stored procedures from the same db. The first executes fine. The second SP causes an error "ODBC Read Failed". In fact, this SP fails if I just run it by itself with the same error.

Both SPs run fine via SQL Studio. There are no differences in the properties between the two SPs either. I just can't see how the ODBC driver can have a problem with one and not the other! I'm connecting via a standard ODBC SQL Server 2005 connector.

I've also tried restarting everything, no joy.

Any help much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

I had the same problem also which started after I created aliases for field names in my SQL and Load statement. When I removed the alias ClientNumber AS "Client Number" I no longer received the error message.

ODBC Error message ClientNumber AS "Client Number"

No ODBC Error message ClientNumber

Hope that helps.

Sarah

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

I had the same problem also which started after I created aliases for field names in my SQL and Load statement. When I removed the alias ClientNumber AS "Client Number" I no longer received the error message.

ODBC Error message ClientNumber AS "Client Number"

No ODBC Error message ClientNumber

Hope that helps.

Sarah

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sarah,

I've got a little more investigation to do but this definitely looks like the problem!

Thanks very much!

Nick