Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.
The big source query executes fine in Oracle but qlikview says 'ODBC read failed' How can I fix this? Please let me know if you need more information on this.
Check your ODBC settings to make sure that you are pointing to the correct server & database, and also login credentials such as Windows authentication or other user id and password settings.
Have you tried with OLEDB instead of ODBC?
check the below link, may be helps..
ODBC Read Failed Part II
Did you tested ODBC in ODBC Administrator by Clicking Test Connection? If it is working there then it should work in Qlikview also.
Are you using ' * ' in your query? Insted of * using the Table name and try. Before doing this as Jagan said test your ODBC admin by clicking Test Connection.
If we are trying to run the task from QMC, we need to give permission to QlikView service accounts in the oracle tables/views.
Until and unless we give access to service accounts, we cannot load the data from QMC
Slightly old question, but I found this thread on Google. I just had this error as well and found it was because I was trying to manipulate the data as I was loading it from SQL.
I got around this by simply loading everything from the SQL database into a temporary resident table, then loaded from the resident table and did my manipulations then.
If you're doing this already forgive me but can I suggest using a preceding load. Keep the bottom script loading from your source absolutely simple with no renaming of fields or any manipulation at all.