Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III

ODBC connection issue

Hi guys,

Im getting the following error:

SQL##f - SqlState: 08004, ErrorCode: 12154, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified

I have seen some threads already. Can this error occur because my desktop version is different from the server version. What else may be the reason.

The app is reloading fine in my desktop and in the server its showing that error.

Thanks!

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you using still QV10?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has the server got the ODBC Oracle driver installed, the ODBC setup and the same TNS names entry in the tnsnames.ora file?

Local Naming Parameters in the tnsnames.ora File

arpitkharkia
Creator III
Creator III
Author

My desktop had 11 but the server has QV 12.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Actually this is bug in QV10. i am inviting rwunderlich‌ to present some inputs

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)