Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ODBC read failed

Hi All,

When I debug Script got finished successfully but when I reload the complete data in to the qlikview I am getting the error as "ODBC read failed". Why that error was not shown when I debugged it and also let me know the cause of this error and how can I avoid the same.

Please look in the attached screen shot for your reference.

error loading image

error loading image

4 Replies
sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

HI Rikab,

You have not provided the ODBC Connection string..

Make sure which datbase you are connecting to.. qlikview will automatically derive the connection string using ODBC Driver..

Regards,

Sunil

Not applicable
Author

SUNIL KUMAR PANDA wrote:
You have not provided the ODBC Connection string..
Make sure which datbase you are connecting to.. qlikview will automatically derive the connection string using ODBC Driver.. <div></div>

ODBC Connection String has been provided. There is no issue with that as I am able to load the other tables using the same ODBC Connection string.

Connection string is happening that's the reason I am able to load the data from other tables.

sunil2288
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rikab,

There may be the case that when you are trying to fetch the entire table after debugging..

at athe same time an updation to the table may be going on.

that's y when you are debugging the script it is fetching only few of the rows .. but at the time when you are reloading the whole table the ODBC read Get failure

Regards,

Sunil

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Rikab

Did you do a limited load for the debug run?

If so, then the problem could be related to the size of the data when you do a full load, and I suggest you do a debug run without using limited load.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein