Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

ODBC read failed

Hello all,

Upon trying to load data from a server using the ODBC connector and store the data into a qvd file.

'ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Visual FoxPro Database'

i get the same error message at exactly the same amount of data 46,263

'ODBC read failed

TICHERCA:

SQL SELECT * FROM ticherca'

'Error: QVX_UNEXPECTED_END_OF_DATA: SQL##f - SqlState: 22003, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Error: Column 38 ( reducere )'

Is there a permission issue somewhere? Or a driver issue?

Please share your thoughts.

Thank you,

Bogdan

7 Replies

Re: ODBC read failed

There can be two main reasons:

1) the driver not updated (but you can exclude this reason if other similar queries run)

2) the query returns fields with the same name

let me know

Not applicable

Hey Alexandros,

I have 42 databases set up in a similar way and I am trying to get the information from all of them and afterwards concatenate the info into one bigger table.

I have only 1 server from which I can extract the data properly. When I try to connect to a different one, that is the error message that I get.

Try to define ODBC in a different way for each database, when you are in qlik, any time you use a table in a DB you have to change the ODBC connection. Probably you yet do this, otherwise let me know

Not applicable

That is what I am doing I set up connections separately and I am trying to get only one table from each server. I seem to get the error message at the same amount of data every time I try to connect to the same server.

MVP
MVP

Hi Bogdan,

so, maybe it's a problem in the data itself at this specific record? Have you tried to read the data with another tool?

- Ralf

Try to load just one field in the table that gives you errors.

Not applicable

Hey guys,

I managed to load the data using OLE DB and it works without any errors. I think I will be using this one. Even though QV crashes on my PC when using OLEDB, on the remote server I am loading the data it seems to be working.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Bogdan

Community Browser