Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

OLEDB CONNECT Hangs on server

Hello,

I have this weird problem on OLEDB CONNECT. I'm using the classing connection string:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=<clear password>;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<clear user id>;Data Source=<IP address>:1521/ORCL;Extended Properties=""];

Using it from QV Desktop the connection is done but when using it from QV server the task remains "Running" indefinitely and on the logs it is possible to see that the script is waiting something on command"OLEDB CONNECT ...".  No errors are seen until I abort the task.

I checked that the Oracle OLE DB provider is working correctly (on both: 32 an 64 bits).

Have you some tips to help me understand what is going on?

There are some way to "debug" tasks when running on server?

Thanks in advance,

Luciano.

2 Replies
kmswetha
Creator
Creator

In server as well, TNS entries should be made.Try adding TNS entries.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

the TNS entry exists, but I'm not using it on OLEDB Provider. I'm using the <IP address>:1521/ORCL syntax (on desktop works and I see it working on other QV Server). There are no firewall issues as I tested the same kind of conection with the following VB script:

Dim Conn

Set Conn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Password=<clear password>;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=<clear user id>;Data Source=<IP address>:1521/ORCL"

Conn.Open

Set RS = Conn.Execute("SELECT * from DUAL")

Thanks,

Luciano.