Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calvinwfng
Contributor II
Contributor II

OUT OF VIRTUAL in QV10 SR4

I got this error 'OUT OF VIRTUAL AND/OR LOGICAL MEMORY, allocating 2M' after upgrade QV10 from SR2 to SR4. The reload action had completed sccessfully without error in SR2 on same machine. I tried increase virtual memory from 2048 to 4096 but it still got error. Please advise.

error.JPG

Thanks,

Calvin

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Calvin,

There is somrthing wrong with QV 10 SR 4 and also with QV 11, and this error appears quite often.

What you can do is that just try to reload it 2-3 times, if the error appears all times then contact Qliktech, because What I see is that sometimes same action will trigger this error and sometimes it will not.

Ashutosh

calvinwfng
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

You are right. Sometime it will trigger this error and sometimes it will not. So I have send email to Qliktech support. (support@qlik.com). For your information, this error happen on 32-bit version only. I tried in 64-bit version, it run successful without error message.

Thanks,

Calvin

Not applicable

ok that is good. please keep us updated with what support says to you.

calvinwfng
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Ashutosh,

QlikTech reply that is related to 32-bit O/S memory usage limitation. The limitation is 2GB per application. we have two option for solve it.

1. Edit boot.ini include '/3GB' with startup script.

2. upgrade existing O/S to 64-bit O/S.

Regards,

Calvin Ng

Not applicable

Hi Calvin,

Thanks for updating us.

But did you tell them that it loads successfully into SR2 without ever failing?

Well upgrading to 64 bit will be a good idea.

Thanks

Ashutosh