cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Object Specific Default selection

Hi GUYS,

Can anyone help with object specific default selection.

I have six charts in a sheet(minimized state), but I want default selection for only three charts, when i click to other charts those selection should be cleared.

13 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can add alternate states to your document if you're using QV11 or newer. You can add those on the General tab of the document properties window. After creating them you can assign them to sheet objects on the General tab of the objects properties window. Selections in one alternate state don't influence selections in other alternate states or the default state. This way you can make sheet objects react only to a specific set of selections, those made in a specific alternate state.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

is there any other work around for this problem?as user can not go and change the states they want us to set likewise

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can try using bookmarks. That makes it easy to save and restore selections. However if you don't use alternate states there is only one selection state (at a time) in your document and it will apply to all sheet objects.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
MarcoWedel

Hi Rajashmita,

you could use triggers and actions i.e. when entering different sheets, that hold the specific charts.

e.g the trigger OnActivateSheet of one sheet could have the actions "Selection/Select in Field" with Field an Searchstring defined per field.

The OnLeaveSheet trigger could clear all selections using the action "Selection/Clear All".

Hope this helps

regards

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ya Gysbert, I can use bookmark in the expression but i have that field as dimension in the chart,so it will display other values also that are not selected.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Could you please share any example how using trigger I can apply particular selection to specific charts in a sheet?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

On activate sheet whatever action we apply it will be applied to all objects on that particular sheet, not specific object

Not applicable
Author

Rajashmita,

Please post a sample app to help us understand your requirement better.

SK

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

trial.jpg

In the above picture When I select Student as Gopi that is affecting both Charts(Mark Details and Category),But I want only one chart should have that default selection .With applying sheet trigger on open I want Student as Gopi should be selected by default for the Mark Details alone.