Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Objects layout

Hi everyone!

I have a question concerning objects layout. Is it possible to script it?

Briefly my problem is the following. There are few obgects (for example, 6 diagrammes) in my QV document. For each one there is a button function of which is showing these objects. To make diagramme visible you need to click on an appropriate button. And I want these objects to be sorted depending on chosen buttons.

I really hope that my problem is more or less clear.

Many thanks in advance!

Marina

17 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

What type of sorting you want to do? Can you clarify with a sample app as an example?

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Marina,

please clarify exactly mean by sorting in this instance.

Andy.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Manish and Andrew!

That is not exactly sorting. I've made an example. In this document every button relates to a certain graph. I need the following

On the first sheet you can choose (click on) as much objects (buttons) as you want. Then you click on 'Show' and go to the next sheet where these objects are represented. But, viewer can click on, for example, Q3 and Q4 (ignoring Q1 and Q2). In this case respective graphs will be located lower than I need. But they should replace Q1 and Q2 if latest weren't chosen.

That is only example. By sorting I meant  arranging of only chosen objects from the top of the page.

Many thanks in advance!

Marina

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Marina,

taking into account that all objects share the same expression (only that every one refers to a different quarter), you can condition your expression to fit your requirement.

Now the buttons for the quarter toggle to set the variable to show/unshow its respective chart on the "Questions" sheet.

See the attached example.

HTH

Regards

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Ni Marina,

a neat solution would be to place the resultant charts in a container object

HTH Andy

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alex!

Many thanks for your way of solution!

Q1-Q4 are not quarters, these are indicators which do not share the same expression. In attached doc there is dummy data used just for visualization my problem. In a project there are much more indicators and expressions are more complicated.

Anyway, this nested IF-expression isn't working properly: when you choose, Q2 and Q3, for example, in result avg(Q2) is shown in both charts. How could it be improved?

Thank you for your help!

Marina

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Marina, in relation to the bug when selecting Q2 and Q3 has been fixed on my last edition to the message

Not applicable
Author

Alex, so sorry!

I started working in document and didn't noticed how damaged it

alex_millan
Creator III
Creator III

No problem! Let me know if you need further help.

Best regards