Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

azimabadi
Contributor II

Omptimized Mapping Loads

Hi,

in refrence manual, under "What’s New in QlikView 11?" section, it's stated thet "There is no longer a need to un-optimize the QVD load while performing a mapping load".

But i cant do mappings with optimized loads. for example take a look at this code:

//************************************************************************************

Helper:

LOAD 'U' as BelegArt

AutoGenerate 1;

//************************************************************************************

tmpMapOpen:

LOAD *

Inline [

x,y

0,Close

1,Open

];

STORE tmpMapOffen into D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

DROP Table tmpMapOpen;

mapOpen:

Mapping LOAD * From D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

map BelegPos.open using mapOpen;

V_BelegPos:

LOAD

V_BelegPos.offen,

V_BelegPos.BelegArt

FROM

D:\BelegPos.qvd(qvd)

WHERE

//BelegPos.BelegArt = 'U';

Exists( BelegPos.BelegArt );

when i use the exists command in where (RED) that makes my load optimized, mapping dosn't work.

But when i use the BLUE command in where, mappings works right but LOAD is not optimized.

Can somebody please help me with this problem? How can i do mapping in my load and keep it optimized?

Best Regards

Peyman

3 Replies

Re: Omptimized Mapping Loads

"There is no longer a need to un-optimize the QVD load while performing a mapping load".

As far as I know, this applies to the creation of the mapping table, not the load where you apply the mapping.

tmpMapOpen:

LOAD ...etc

STORE tmpMapOffen into D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

tmpMapOffen doesn't exist (but tmpMapOpen does) so nothing gets stored

map BelegPos.open using mapOpen;

V_BelegPos:
LOAD
          V_BelegPos.offen,
          V_BelegPos.BelegArt

FROM
          D:\BelegPos.qvd(qvd)...etc

You map BelegPos.open, but you load V_BelegPos.offen so there's no BelegPost to map.

azimabadi
Contributor II

Hi Gysbert,

you are right, that was a typing failior. I translated the table names from german and forget to change it here !

In our projects, we use many times mapping and if i can find a solution that i can do optimized LOAD with mapping, it will bring us a big performance bonus.

Best regard

Peyman

Highlighted

I don't think it's possible to do an optimized load while also doing a mapping. See this blog post.