Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III

Omptimized Mapping Loads

Hi,

in refrence manual, under "What’s New in QlikView 11?" section, it's stated thet "There is no longer a need to un-optimize the QVD load while performing a mapping load".

But i cant do mappings with optimized loads. for example take a look at this code:

//************************************************************************************

Helper:

LOAD 'U' as BelegArt

AutoGenerate 1;

//************************************************************************************

tmpMapOpen:

LOAD *

Inline [

x,y

0,Close

1,Open

];

STORE tmpMapOffen into D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

DROP Table tmpMapOpen;

mapOpen:

Mapping LOAD * From D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

map BelegPos.open using mapOpen;

V_BelegPos:

LOAD

V_BelegPos.offen,

V_BelegPos.BelegArt

FROM

D:\BelegPos.qvd(qvd)

WHERE

//BelegPos.BelegArt = 'U';

Exists( BelegPos.BelegArt );

when i use the exists command in where (RED) that makes my load optimized, mapping dosn't work.

But when i use the BLUE command in where, mappings works right but LOAD is not optimized.

Can somebody please help me with this problem? How can i do mapping in my load and keep it optimized?

Best Regards

Peyman

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

"There is no longer a need to un-optimize the QVD load while performing a mapping load".

As far as I know, this applies to the creation of the mapping table, not the load where you apply the mapping.

tmpMapOpen:

LOAD ...etc

STORE tmpMapOffen into D:\tmpMapOpen.qvd(qvd);

tmpMapOffen doesn't exist (but tmpMapOpen does) so nothing gets stored

map BelegPos.open using mapOpen;

V_BelegPos:
LOAD
          V_BelegPos.offen,
          V_BelegPos.BelegArt

FROM
          D:\BelegPos.qvd(qvd)...etc

You map BelegPos.open, but you load V_BelegPos.offen so there's no BelegPost to map.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
azimabadi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Gysbert,

you are right, that was a typing failior. I translated the table names from german and forget to change it here !

In our projects, we use many times mapping and if i can find a solution that i can do optimized LOAD with mapping, it will bring us a big performance bonus.

Best regard

Peyman

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I don't think it's possible to do an optimized load while also doing a mapping. See this blog post.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand