Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once and For All - RECORD COUNT

Hello fellow QlikView friends.  I have searched many different places on the internet and still have not found an answer that clearly lays out the answer to this question.  In Access, there is a handy little box at the bottom of each table that provides the total number of records.  I want to create something that will perform the same function in QV.  Maybe in a later version of QlikView this will be added as a feature??

Capture2.PNG.png

I just want a dynamic record counter   Thanks everybody

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In Qlikview you can find this in the lower right corner of the main window. In the image below you can see that the selected object has 9 records in 2 columns (see the 9 x 2 to the right of the date/time):

comm107057.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

In Qlikview you can find this in the lower right corner of the main window. In the image below you can see that the selected object has 9 records in 2 columns (see the 9 x 2 to the right of the date/time):

comm107057.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Colin-Albert

Add a text box with the expression

=sum($Rows)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Gysbert, I had never noticed that information on the bottom of the screen.  Thanks so much for pointing it out.  Also, another way that I found handy (though a bit more involved) is by doing the following:

1.  Create a straight table chart using data from a table

2.  Under Expressions, type Count(Distinct field1 & field2 & field3....etc)

This will show you the row total as well.