Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

jontydkpi
Not applicable

Oracle OLEDB connection hangs

Hi

I have a strange situation with an Oracle based model. When I reload the document the reload hangs on the Oracle connect statement:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxxx;Data Source=xxxx;Extended Properties=""]....

I can load the model by entering debug mode and clicking Run. When I do that, the connection works perfectly, but not if I reload by clicking reload or with CTRL-R.

I can also open the SELECT dialog and browse the database without a problem - but we won't be able to deploy this model until this has been resolved.

Tested on 10SSR1 and 10SR2 and after re-installing QV. The computer is running 64bit WIindows Server 2008. We do not have the problem on small models, or on the problem model if it is no-data loaded.

Any ideas?

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
5 Replies
prieper
Not applicable

Independent from the actual stopping-point, might make sense to check in your query the date-format. Observed the same on SQL-queries with the SR2 (with the same script as used before) and execution simply halted without any error-message. Also the log stopped somewhere within the script.

Finally it turned out that we have used a "sloppy" formatting of the dates used in the SQL-Where-clause.

Peter

jontydkpi
Not applicable

Peter

Thanks for the response.

The script stops at the CONNECT statement (verified from the log), so its not even getting to the queries (although I will bear your point in mind for the future)!.

The confusing thing is that it works perfectly in Debug mode.

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
prieper
Not applicable

In Debug-Mode with "You" as user? Then it might be something with user-rights....

Peter

stephen-a_redmo
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you have the "Save before reload" option on in User Preferences?

What happens if you turn it off?

Regards,

Stephen

jontydkpi
Not applicable

Thanks all for your suggestions - a faulty disk was replaced on the server (and the server restarted) and the problem has resolved itself!

Regards

Jonathan