Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Oracle Provider for OLEDB Issue

Hi Folks,

I'm using below connector to connect with Oracle DB.

While doing show , I don't know why "Use Windows NT" option is disable here. Any Idea???

Regards,

AS

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I never face this issue, But can you tell us where you are accessing {i mean view/sense}

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

QlikView and only when I'm trying to connect for Oracle for rest I do have that option enabled.

Regards,

AS

Anil_Babu_Samineni

What i understand earlier with Oracle it should connect from ODBC because Oracle is native for ODBC and not for OLEDB. I even not 100% sure reg this? I will try in the evening.

Meantime, I would recommend marcus_sommer‌ who decipher from insight ..!

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

We are connected with 28 Oracle DB through OLEDB , never used ODBC till now for this.

Regards,

AS

marcus_sommer

I don't have any experience with the oracle oledb but I could imagine that it is caused by the driver itself (maybe NT authentication is disabled there) or that the driver isn't installed correctly or properly registred in windows registry. Also where the driver is enabled may be important - as user / system / file - dns for this option.

- Marcus

andycheetham
Contributor
Contributor

This is because the OLEDB driver you are using is expecting an Oracle Username/Password NOT a windows account.