Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Order By within Preceding Load

I'm building a flag with a script that will compare the previous record to the current and flag differences. My current script is in the form of:

LOAD *, If(Previous(B) = B, 0, 1) as flag;

LOAD *

Order By C;

LOAD A, B, {expression} as C

RESIDENT Data;

You'll likely suggest I put the Order By within the bottom LOAD, but the multiple preceding LOADs are actually more complicated than what's represented here. For this discussion, I'd like to know if I can get the above to work.

The error states I'm missing a "FROM" syntax, suggesting you need a FROM for the Order By to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe you cannot use an order by in a preceding load.  I believe you will need to handle it with a second load, either creating a new table or doing a left join on the key.  So first create field C, then do another load resident.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe you cannot use an order by in a preceding load.  I believe you will need to handle it with a second load, either creating a new table or doing a left join on the key.  So first create field C, then do another load resident.

Not applicable
Author

I'm thinking it's not possible either. I ended up creating a new table to deal with this. I was afraid that it would add load time or memory usage, but it doesn't seem to be the case even working with several million records.

Not applicable
Author

I'm thinking it's not possible either. I ended up creating a new table to deal with this. I was afraid that it would add load time or memory usage, but it doesn't seem to be the case even working with several million records.