Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PROBLEM: Loading by using "Fixed Record" and "Enable Transformation Step"

Hi all,

I am having problem in loading a text file by using "fixed record" as the file type, I am able to load the data without getting any error.

However, problem comes up when I apply "enable transformation steps" at the same time, the system shows the "field not found" error when I apply

"enable transformation steps" while loading the data by using "fixed record" as the file type.

Anyone has solution for this issue?

Please find the attached for my script and sample text file.

Thanks.

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have tried uploading your file as "fixed record" and enabled transformation steps. I didn't had an error. Could you attach some screenshots of the error?

Regards,

Janzen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Janzen,

Thanks for your effort to try.

Below is the screenshot of the error that I got.

error1.JPG

Thanks,

Tiong

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

May I ask where did you get this line?

"filters(Remove(Row, Pos(Top,2)))"

Did you add any steps after setting header to 2 lines?

Regards,

Janzen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, after setting header to 2 lines, I clicked next button and enabled the transformation steps from the page as the screenshot shown below, thats where I got the line "filters(Remove(Row, Pos(Top,2)))".

2.JPG

Thanks,

Tiong

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

After clicking Enable Transformation Steps, what did you do next? If you dont need to transform, you can just click next to proceed.

Regards,

Janzen

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Yes, I did some transformation steps to remove the row with "+++++++" characters, but it is so much more complicated in actual situation so I cannot avoid using transformation steps.

Thanks,

Tiong

Not applicable
Author

Did you found a solution? I've the exactly same problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shellmann,

No I haven't, I did it with a workaround which I load the data first by using "Fixed Record" and store the table into qvd and then I load the data back from the qvd and perform the transformation step there.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jitiong Chua,

I'm having the same issue.  I'll try the QVD intermediary step.  Thanks for suggesting that.

Regards,

DJ