Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Part of the revenue coming from the top 1% of the customers (top1% in volume)

Hi,

This is the data:

FiscalYearBusinessCustomerIncome

A

A

1$

AB2$
1314AA4$
1314AB3$
1415AA5$
1415A could be B....B6$

I would like in a straight table with:

Formula121313141415
=count(distinct Customer)Number of customer300350400
=round(count(distinct Customer)/100)Top 1% of customer in volume344
=sum({<Customer={"=Aggr(Rank(Sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income),1,1),Group)<= TOP1% "},Business={'A'}>}Income)/sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income)Part of the total revenue coming from the top 1% customers (i.e Revenue with rank max = count( distinct customer)/100)

My issue is to take the top 1%. I made a variable like this:     vRankmax: round(count(distinct Customer)/100)   and used   $(vRankmax) in the formula, but it's not working. Can you help me please? Thanks.

Best regards,

Ludo

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Little mistake: in the table it's

=sum({<Customer={"=Aggr(Rank(Sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income),1,1),Customer)<= TOP1% "},Business={'A'}>}Income)/sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income)

sunny_talwar

Would be able to share a sample to take a look at the issue?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

I would start with something like this (assuming vRankMax is defined with a leading equal sign and evaluated to a number):

=Sum(

Aggr(

If( Rank( Sum(Income)) <= vRankMax, Sum(Income)),

Customer, Business, FiscalYear

)

)

Adapt the aggr() dimensions to the required granularity for the rank.

Then you should be able to use above expression e.g. in a chart with dimensions Business and FiscalYear.

If you want to use a set expression, you would need to create and define keys with the required granularity for the field modifier with the ranking search,Customer alone is probably not granular enough.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

This doesn't work because the only dimension in the straight table has to be: Fiscal Year only.

Then, I have multiples straight tables in which I will manually modify the dimension: business.

The result consist in a kind of map of all the different business, represented by one straight table for each.

-------

In your formula, how do I look at the results to one particular business for example?

Best regards,

Ludo

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe like this for business A

=Sum({<Business={'A'}>}

Aggr(

If( Rank( Sum({<Business={'A'}>} Income)) <= vRankMax, Sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income)),

Customer, Business, FiscalYear

)

)

or maybe

=Sum({<Business={'A'}>}

Aggr(

If( Rank( Sum({<Business={'A'}>} Income)) <= vRankMax, Sum({<Business={'A'}>}Income)),

Customer, FiscalYear

)

)

If your chart dimensions are less granular than the aggr() dimensions, the results of the aggr() function will be projected to the chart dimensions, using the outer aggregation function ( Sum() ), i.e. all Customer Income above threshold per Businees A and per fiscal year will be grouped by fiscal year and summed.