Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
splitcore
Contributor III
Contributor III

Partial Reload and Incremental Load

Hi qliksperts!

I know you can combine a partial reload and an incremental load... But is it wort it?

Lets say you have a binary containing 5 years worth of transaction data. Each day new data becomes available so obviously one would like to include this in your data.

If you load your binary, then do a partial reload each day of an incremental load to load new data and concatenate the new data into the binary loaded table. Would that work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Ok. it's a different point of view but I don't believe that there is an advantage against the classical and from qlik recommended way to create a data-architecture and perform incremental load approaches. I would not say that's not worked but you will create a solution which will be differ from the "standards" which mots often meant that the efforts to develop and maintain these logic will be greater - maybe you didn't work always alone and some internal or external colleagues want to support you and they will need some time more to understand when what why happens in your environment.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
splitcore
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Marcus.

The other question I posted works with the same data. But this is another angle on it so I did not want to combine the two questions to keep thing simpler. In this one I would like to know what happens to the data that I concatenate each day, Will it be stored in the qvw after each partial reload of the incremental load? If so it would be much faster than the standard qvd incremental load would it not?

Thanks for the replies

marcus_sommer

Ok. it's a different point of view but I don't believe that there is an advantage against the classical and from qlik recommended way to create a data-architecture and perform incremental load approaches. I would not say that's not worked but you will create a solution which will be differ from the "standards" which mots often meant that the efforts to develop and maintain these logic will be greater - maybe you didn't work always alone and some internal or external colleagues want to support you and they will need some time more to understand when what why happens in your environment.

- Marcus

splitcore
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah yes, from that perspective it would certainly be best to stick to the standards... I found no documentation or references to similar methods to what I described above so I was curious... I would like to run some tests with it regardless and see how it performs. But at the moment I will stick to the regular qvd incremental load. Thanks for the input I'll mark this question as answered.

Hendrik