Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Partial Reload

Dear all,

I wonder, can I use Partial Reload with Non-Partial Reload both for one report regularly and how can I release it in QEMC.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for help!

The problem was that we didn't understand the difference between TASKS and TRIGGERS in QEMC.

Two different tasks for one report solved the problem.

Regards,

Kristina

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Kristina,

I dont think that you can use Reload and Partial Reload simultaneously.

But you can use in two steps,

First reload the application and on successful completion of this task execute another task of partial reload.

Please explain in brief regarding your requirement, so that we can think of any alternative solution.

Regards

Nitin

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Kristina it is really confusing and till date i have not encountered any such application .

But may be you need to set two task one with complete reload and one with partial may be just my view.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nitin!

Thank you for your reply!

We're trying to lower CPU usage through some optimization.

For example, it's enough to load section access tables once a day, while ledger transactions statistics should be reloaded every 5 minutes.

Normally, Section Access doesn't take much resources, but for one particular report it's rather heavy.

The problem is that the flag 'Partial Reload' refers to all tasks in QEMC

Regards,

Kristina

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Hi,

You can restrict a portion to load on particular time like .if you want section to load at morning 10 am then you can restrict using

if(time(Today())='10:00:00' ) then   // you can check the format of time

section access

Load statement;

section application

end if

i thing its better idea to restrict it at one time in a day.

hope this make sense

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I try to reload my report in 11.00(according to your reply) - section access tables wouldn't be loaded and any user will have access to the report?

Regards,

Kristina

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeetsingh!

The problem is that the flag 'Partial Reload' refers to all tasks in QEMC for one report(

Regards,

Kristina

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

Apologies.

ya you are correct.

but of data for section access can be restrict.

for ex: suppose you are using Excel for section access then you can create qvd and restrict that qvd generation using if statement.

Hope this make sense

Thanks

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Store your section access data in QVD and then load it during Normal reload, a qvd file is loaded much faster than database or some files.  I think this is the better option it won't take much time to load. 

In QVD generation file just use if condition to restrict the generation of QVD or you can create new qlikview file for generating section access qvd file and schedule it to reload every hour.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Maybe you should have a look at performing Incremental Loading.

On average, loading a section access table isn't taking much time. But refreshing transaction tables in whole is. Since transaction tables have a tendency not to forget (they keep history), you could devise a technique to load only the additions every 5 minutes.

There are lots of discussions about Incremental LOADs. You can get started with Incremental Load.docx

Best,

Peter