Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sibrulotte
Creator III
Creator III

Partial reloading without erasing in memory data

Hi, 

I noticed that when I reload a document that has a table in it (call it Segmentation_TMP), if I do a load * resident Segmentation_TMP , it cannot find the table. IS it a normal behaviour that Qlikview wipes the tables in-memory before loading the script?

That table was loaded from an SQL script, and I don't want that SQL connection to run evey load. 

So I do an IF on a partial reload like so:

IF IsPartialReload() = 0 THEN

OLEDB CONNECT TO  ***SQL CONNECTION***

Segmentation_TMP:
SQL SELECT *
FROM A TABLE IN OUR SQL SERVER
;

else

Segment_PL:
load
NAP_INDIVIDU as NAP_PL

resident Segmentation_TMP;

But ALAS, that second table never loads, and doesn't show an error message.

3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

hi,

when start a reload as partial reload, only load statements with a prefix 

replace or add 

are executed

see this

https://help.qlik.com/de-DE/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/ScriptPrefixes...

regards

ljackson
Creator
Creator

Check to see if your script drops the resident table.  Is it just a temporary table?

Use 'Add Load' before the creation of the resident table, and make sure this table is not dropped further in the script, then the partial reload will pick it up

Hope this makes sense

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Simon, did either of the posts help you get things working as you expect?  If so, be sure to come back and use the Accept as Solution button on the post(s) that helped.  If you did something else, consider posting that and then mark things as above, and if you are still working on things, let us know where you stand, and we can see if we can come up with something else.  Might be good if you can attach the QVW on this one potentially, so folks can see the entire script and resulting data model to see if there is something quirky going on with things. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.