this is actually in consequence of another post of mine - but it's a different issue now and here like everywhere else I like to split things into smaller pieces, then it doesn't get too confusing and it's easier for people to realize whether they can help.
=> I have a large meta_loop across six sheets of an Excel_workbook. It passes a parameter "v_Liste_aktuell" like
>> CALL Sofareinigung ($(v_Liste_aktuell)) <<
=> I want to use this variable in the subroutine, so I have to specify it in the >sub< statement at the top of it all, no?
=> I do that >> sub Sofareinigung (v_list) <<
=> So within the subroutine, there should now be a variable > v_list < that has the same value as the one I passed in the CALL, yes?
What I find very confusing: It seems - as seen in the Debugger - that QlikView creates a variable with the exact name of the current list - what is in the variable "v_Liste_aktuell" - and that has a NULL value.
The variable > v_list < that I specify in that statement is NOT created - and consequently, the very first step in the entire code - a LOAD from an Excel_file - is wacky because I cannot specify which sheet of the table is supposed to be loaded.
I didn't think of this because to my knowledge, whenever a variable contains alphanumeric digits, you needed that $-expansion - so I used it in the CALL_statement, too - but there it seems this is not allowed without regard of the variable_contents.
Now the variable is properly passed to the subroutine.
All should be well now - except in the longer run there won't be one workbook with six sheets to load, but six workbooks - the lists have to be exported manually because we will not get access to that tool for automatization, so I will try to keep that effort to the absolute minimum and work with whatever comes out of that tool.