Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slimypi
Contributor
Contributor

Peek function

Hello,

I am trying to understand the usage of Peek as of the exemple of this peek documentation : https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/November2017/Subsystems/Client/Content/Scripting/InterRecordFu...

Now, the Row_num=0 usage I do understand, but I can't figure it out for the example  with : Peek(EmployeeCode,2).

For me, this command should return Indeed the third value of the table which is 103.

Though the doc says : Peek(EmployeeCode,2) returns the third value in the table: 102.

So i'm confused, in which table (internal maybe ? ) the third value is 102 ?

Thank you for your help 

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I think it is a documentation mistake because ,2 returns the third line, you are right, this is 103.

There is no internal table at all.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

I think it is a documentation mistake because ,2 returns the third line, you are right, this is 103.

There is no internal table at all.

Regards

slimypi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That was what I thought I just tried to check wit you guys.

I just spent 1 hour trying to figure out what have I misunderstood.

Frankly, I've stumbled upon KIND OF  unusual amount of mistakes in the official documentation.

I hope these inaccuracies are corrected, I've also checked other language for the same page (French) and the same mistake is ther.

Anyway thank you for yout response.

If someone had an explanation other than a mistake i will be tracking this subject.

RegardS.

Ralf-Narfeldt
Employee
Employee

This is indeed a typo in the documentation. We will correct this in the next update of the help.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and apologies for the inconvenience.