Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luiscuderi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Percentage count

Hallo everybody

I am new to qlik view.

i'm struggling to create percentages. i have two tables, one contains the number of customers of a specific product and the other one contains all the demographic data for all the registered customers (where they live, age, ...) the common key is the customer number. I've tried to script like this: Count (distinct if([Ordervolume]>0 or[Fees]>0 or Transactionsi>0,Custnumber))/Count(distinct Custnumber)*100   this seems to work with no filter. but when i use a dimension (i.e. the age class) it's not working any more, percentage is 100% everywhere.

the sales table is like this:

CustnumberOrdervolumefeesTransactionsProduct
0000015002A
0230011010B

the client table is like this

CustnumberNameAgeRegionSex......
000001Paolo Rossi24LazioMale......

The number of unique customers in the first table is smaller that the number of unique customers in the second (not all are purchasing products)

I've tried using count total but i get a number of customers that is far bigger than the unique customers i have.

I'd need to have a count distinct specific for the demographic table

I've browsed the discussions so far posted here and i've seen similar discussions where someone was suggesting to use the set analisys. and i've tried some suggested methods, with no success. I've also read about the use of labels when loading a table, but i cound not find how to do it and how to use this to solve the problem.

thanks for any hint

2 Replies
QlikNoviceNo1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can you please share the qvw?

luiscuderi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I've created a sample file in Qlikview, actually i'm working on Qlik Sense in a server environment

I attach the sample https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vlu9TCggwHnvWguCog6nWSGd_DRH56U-

Thank you