Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Pivot Table how to prevent pop up " Out of memory " error msg ?

Hi All

I notice that Pivot table is very sentive to out of meory error massage .

it there any way i can prevent it ?

As i have check the expression is correct . only issue when i Click on Field = eXP , it will pop up error msg " Out of system memory.

I do have many table which i use striaght table i never encounter such issue.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

I didn't notice the out of memory error-message. In general this could be caused by too many columns/rows especially if calculated dimensions and/or formmatings were used or the calculation includes loosen tables.

Beside them I suggest seriously to reduce the complexity of these application - these huge amounts of routines and variables with very similar names and number of tables and objects - it's a nightmare to maintain and probably no one then you will be understand what's going on.

Even if the application worked like expected - will you remember in one or two years what you done and why? If you have a bit budget I suggest that you make a health-check on these application / your complete environment with Qlik or your partner.

Sorry, it's surely not the answers which you had hoped for but I think honestly that you make things more complicated as necessary.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

My QV Doc

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reduce it with calculation condition.

marcus_sommer

I didn't notice the out of memory error-message. In general this could be caused by too many columns/rows especially if calculated dimensions and/or formmatings were used or the calculation includes loosen tables.

Beside them I suggest seriously to reduce the complexity of these application - these huge amounts of routines and variables with very similar names and number of tables and objects - it's a nightmare to maintain and probably no one then you will be understand what's going on.

Even if the application worked like expected - will you remember in one or two years what you done and why? If you have a bit budget I suggest that you make a health-check on these application / your complete environment with Qlik or your partner.

Sorry, it's surely not the answers which you had hoped for but I think honestly that you make things more complicated as necessary.

- Marcus

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Marcus

Thank you for your comment. You are right it is not easy to maintenance the very complicate data structure. And i have encounter few time when it run into problem on my report when I keep adding new field and report. I don't have much Budget , in case I am unable find the suitable solution , I just make use of other report. Very lucky I am able to find some expert here who are very helpful and willing to share their knowledge. May be once I am no more working in the company , I think the project will stop there. Basically I am using these report for my data analysis and help me in my monthly report.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

I not sure what you mean ?

Sent from my iPhone

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

I move this post to the top

Anonymous
Not applicable

On object properties, on General tab, there is a calculation condition, when this condition is false, your object will not be calculated.

You can use it to force to select anithing before calculate the object.

Thanks.