Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pivot Tables

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

I have a straight chart like this right now. 'Week' and 'Product' are dimensions while 'City'  'Type' and 'Orders' are expressions using SUM(field).

WeekProductStateCityTypeOrders
Week 11ACaliforniaFremontPlastic40
Week 11ACaliforniaFremontPlastic50
Week 21ACaliforniaFremontPaper

Week 22BArizonaPhoenixPaper100
Week 22BArizonaPhoenixPaper60
Total300

Is there any way to show the the following without all the other information?  Or would I need to create some other 'Totals' Table?

Week 1 Total for all plastic orders

Week 1Plastic90

or

Week 1 from Fremont

Week 1Fremont140
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

in your expected output as you show in your post, do you need to show the columns even though they have no info?

why not use list boxes for the columns that you don't need to show in your table and use the dimensions you need to show? so in your example, why not make have City and Type (and possibly Product and State as well) as list boxes and remove them from your straight table? if you want to then make it a pivot table, all you have to do is go to properties, go to the general tab and click on pivot table in the chart type and click ok.

ps: in your example, week 1 from Fremont table should be 90 and not 140.

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

You could try a pivot table chart with Week as the 1st dimension.  For the 2nd dimension i suggest you create a new group by hitting the 'groups' button on the dimension tab. Add Type and City to the group and ensure its a cycle group. Add the new group as a 2nd dimension . 

On the presentation tab, enable 'partial sums' on the group dimension.

it will give you subtotals and allow users to dynamically switch which field you are subtotalling.