Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Possible to have one common User interface ?

Hi All

I just like to know , in case you are doing QV for certain industry , and the report for that industry standard . it is possible to design one common user interface and just load the raw data and make all the field and table structure as standard.

This way can save a lot of time in develop new project . As it will cut down time spend on link all table. and create the ColumnDim and Current exchange rate.

In case you have these experience , do share. Or every project need to start from zero ?

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
11 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

What you want to do on that interface?

did you want to show any data on common interface? or just interface which redirect to existing application?

check document chaining concept might help you.

Regards,

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paul,

Just want to clarify, is this for one particular industry segment or multiple industry segment??

From developer point of view your idea seems okay and even if it is one particular industry segment, you idea will work.

But when comes to different industry segment, you would be having different insights, different user expectations..And this is what Today's BI offer to their customers

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Max

Okay i will google doc chaining .

user interface i mean the QV sheet where user use that for analyse their report , the chart and table which help user answer their question.

So that don't need to make so much modification on QV screen , just add new SOURCE. meaning just need to read the new raw data and make the field name all same , so that when QV binary load the data , don't need to make much changes on QV sheet.

Paul

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Balraj

your last sentence on " This is what Today BI offer " , are you refer to user self service ? meaning only create all the master key and user create the chart and table they want ? so user don;t need to know how to write SET expression , just click and drop ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Self Service is also one option.

Keeping things static in today's dynamic time, no used will accept it

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Balraj

I have recently just start to try master key on QS , and let user create their own chart and table , but i still find that it is not as easy as i think.

When you talk about self service , So QS can achieve self service by user not QV right ?

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,

For self service, QS is the only option from Qlik

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Balraj

Do you have  Qlik marketing or promotion video on how to achieve QS for self service ? hope you can share with me some of the link, as i am trying to learn how to do it.

Paul