Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem about showing number

Hi everyone,

I imported a data on sql to qvd but problem occurred about showing some datas. The problem is field normally should have show me 2 things : yes, no BUT instead of that its showing me 0, 1.

I want to see text not number in front end screen. How could I do it ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found (thanks to you) a solution right after wrote you 2 days ago . Its was not a good solution by the way but it helped me.

My solution is : because of its binary, I couldnt do anything about mapping. So I sent to excel which datas I wanted to change, took a qvd from that then I did the mapping technique, that's all.

Thanks for your help Stefan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Some possible ways:

- Load the value from DBMS as requested, hard to tell how you should do this with the information provided

- Use a conditional in your LOAD script

LOAD If(FIELD, 'Yes','No') as FIELD;

SQL SELECT FIELD FROM Table;

- Use a mapping approach

Mapping … and not the geographical kind

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I tried mapping many times but failed there was no difference. I believe I did something wrong all the time but can't see where. Maybe I should share the document.

summary:

It shows number but I want a text inside of that two fields.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Oskay,

unfortunately, your QVW does not show much. It just does a binary LOAD and a rename of fields, no attempt to map or transform your value.

Attached is an example how you can use a mapping table to transform your values to dual values showing a text, like

MAP:

MAPPING

LOAD IN, Dual(OUT,IN) as OUT INLINE [

IN, OUT

1,One

2,Two

];

LOAD ApplyMap('MAP',Cinsiyeti) as Test RESIDENT "[PER002]";

Not applicable
Author

I found (thanks to you) a solution right after wrote you 2 days ago . Its was not a good solution by the way but it helped me.

My solution is : because of its binary, I couldnt do anything about mapping. So I sent to excel which datas I wanted to change, took a qvd from that then I did the mapping technique, that's all.

Thanks for your help Stefan.