Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Problem about showing number

Hi everyone,

I imported a data on sql to qvd but problem occurred about showing some datas. The problem is field normally should have show me 2 things : yes, no BUT instead of that its showing me 0, 1.

I want to see text not number in front end screen. How could I do it ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Problem about showing number

I found (thanks to you) a solution right after wrote you 2 days ago . Its was not a good solution by the way but it helped me.

My solution is : because of its binary, I couldnt do anything about mapping. So I sent to excel which datas I wanted to change, took a qvd from that then I did the mapping technique, that's all.

Thanks for your help Stefan.

4 Replies
swuehl
Not applicable

Some possible ways:

- Load the value from DBMS as requested, hard to tell how you should do this with the information provided

- Use a conditional in your LOAD script

LOAD If(FIELD, 'Yes','No') as FIELD;

SQL SELECT FIELD FROM Table;

- Use a mapping approach

Mapping … and not the geographical kind

Not applicable

Hey,

I tried mapping many times but failed there was no difference. I believe I did something wrong all the time but can't see where. Maybe I should share the document.

summary:

It shows number but I want a text inside of that two fields.

swuehl
Not applicable

Oskay,

unfortunately, your QVW does not show much. It just does a binary LOAD and a rename of fields, no attempt to map or transform your value.

Attached is an example how you can use a mapping table to transform your values to dual values showing a text, like

MAP:

MAPPING

LOAD IN, Dual(OUT,IN) as OUT INLINE [

IN, OUT

1,One

2,Two

];

LOAD ApplyMap('MAP',Cinsiyeti) as Test RESIDENT "[PER002]";

Not applicable

I found (thanks to you) a solution right after wrote you 2 days ago . Its was not a good solution by the way but it helped me.

My solution is : because of its binary, I couldnt do anything about mapping. So I sent to excel which datas I wanted to change, took a qvd from that then I did the mapping technique, that's all.

Thanks for your help Stefan.