Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem connect to Oracle version 8

Hi,

My client qlikview dektop got problem when connect to Oracle 8 using OLE DB or ODBC, the error message is

ErrorCode: 12154, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

i set the path of my TNSNAME.ora by TNS_ADMIN on window environment path setting. I test the driver connection from ODBC setting in administrator, and it connect successful to oracle by create a system DSN and user DSN.

client server is window 2008 R2 64bit, qlikview is version 11 - 11282 (enable force 32bit when try to connect to oracle), and ora92

Previously,  the qlikview work fine and success connect to database before i do a upgrade to qlikview 11 sp2. But the login error message box a bug that happen on qlikview 11 sp2 has make my client request to revert back the version to qlikview 11 - 11282. After i uninstall everything on the server, install back qlikview dektop and server, this issue occur.

Also, i curiuos that qlikview server still able to load the qvw (able to load the data from oracle and create qvd) and distribute to client. But the same qvw was unable to load the data from oracle by using qlikview dektop.

Anyone have idea or solution on what happen on this issue?

0 Replies