Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with QlikOCX (C#, Visual Basic, ...)

Good day,

I'm trying to see what it is possible to do with the QlikView OCX.

First, I tried with "Visual C# 2010".

When I drag-drop the QlikOCX Control, I have this warnings :

Warning 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.QlikView, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable. AXIMP WindowsFormsApplication1

Warning 2 Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "AxQlikOCXLib". WindowsFormsApplication1

Warning 3 The referenced component 'AxQlikOCXLib' could not be found.

and it's not added to my project.

I tried with "Visual Basic 2010", and it's the same.

Next, I tried with "Visual Basic 2008".

I can add my control, but when I used the simple code

AxQlikOCX1.OpenDocument("c:\test.qvw")

the application raises an exception...

If I try with "Visual Basic 6", I have any problem...

As VB6 is quite old, I would like to know how I can use a more recent language ?

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Does anybody use QlikOCX ?

Not applicable
Author

Sorry! I have tried in VB6 and Power Builder(9.0 ), and it worked for me without any issues!

Not applicable
Author

For me :

- Visual Basic 6 : OK
- Visual Basic .net 2008 : KO
- Visual Basic .net 2010 : KO
- Visual C# .net 2010 : KO

Latest version of Visual Basic 6 is 12 years old !
Many things are outdated...

For example, when my application uses QlikOcx under a Windows 2003 server environment, it crashes.

Not applicable
Author

Yes you are correct! But I have tried only in the outdated version only. We don't have the registered version of those copy which you have mentioned so I never tried with that.

Anyway All the best! Hope you will get some solution soon.

Not applicable
Author

hello, first remove the three references with error (QlikView-QlikOCX-AxQlikOCXLib). Then in the Toolbox to add the COM component "QlikView OCx." create a new form and add this new component. Agragarte it will do is automatically eliminated the three references above ((QlikView-QlikOCX-AxQlikOCXLib). Saludos!

Not applicable
Author

Did you have to get an extra license to use the OCX? I have installed it, got it as an option, but when I reference an object on a qvw form I get the "...This has been developed in another Personal Edition  - you got 4 attempts ... " message. I have got a licensed copy of QlikView running though.

Not applicable
Author

I found I just had to manually copy the Interop.QlikView.dll from obj\x86\Debug\ to bin\ 

For some reason it has Copy Local property set to "False", and I am unable to change it.

Not applicable
Author

Drag the ocx to a form. Then replace the wrappers that were automatically created using the steps below.

Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Visual Studio, point to Visual Studio Tools, and then click Visual Studio Command Prompt. This command prompt will use a PATH environment variable that makes AxImp.exe available as a command.

To create these wrappers

AxQlikOCXLib.dll

QlikOCXLib.dll

QlikView.dll

execute the following commands from the Visual Studio command prompt

cd C:\temp\QlikView\x86

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\AxImp" QlikOcx.ocx

cd C:\temp\QlikView\x64

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\AxImp" QlikOcx.ocx

Close the command prompt

Now you have wrappers that can be added to your project.