Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with date field

Dear all,

I am very new to qlikview and I have a problem with regards to a date field which contains information like:

(F11, F12, 2015 P01, ... 2015 P12, 2016 P01, ... , 2016 P12, 2015 Q1, 2015 Q2) and the list goes on,

What would be the best way to visualize this data if I want to create a bar chart with the dates running on the x axis. The Y axis would then represent the cash revenue.

I would also like to have the data in the x axis segmented into quarters and months in the form of (p01-p12), and a total cash revenue summed up over the year 2015.

Attached below is a sketch as to what I would like to be represented in my bar chart. Forgive the really ugly and primitive drawing.

Thanks so much for your input and assistance, thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Royce Tang

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

It might help us help you better if you can provide some real data and provide the expected output. Would you be able to provide a sample?

Not applicable
Author

Cheers for the reply Sunny ! I am not sure how to link the files over but I can try to type it out here

sales_type     Customer     Date               Cash

b2b                   xy               2015P01            200

b2b                   xy               2015P02            220

b2b                   xyh             2015P02            300

b2b                   xyah           2015P02            200

b2c                   xyh             2015P03            206

b2c                   xf               2015P04             900

b2c                   xy              2015P05             206

b2d                   xyr             2016P01             200

b2a                   xyd            2016P02             200

b2b                   xy            2016PPP03          400

b2b                   xy            F1                         400

b2b                   xy            F8                       1400

my expected output is to have a bar graph with questionqlik.jpg

sunny_talwar

So in addition to sales for individual sales for each period, you want to highlight the total sales for each year? Is that what you are looking for?

Not applicable
Author

thats exactly what I am looking for ! I have tried to solve this problem and have got to a point as of such as seen in the link

Duplicate values in bar Chart

sunny_talwar

These are two overlapping charts and that's the best I am able to do.... see if this works for you

Capture.PNG